[wildfly-dev] Rework of Widlfly ThreadLocals

Eduardo Martins emartins at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 13:00:37 EDT 2013

During the recent work wrt JSR 236 aka EE Concurrency I become aware that there is room for enhancing management of thread locals, which support setup and retrieval of invocation context within Wildfly, so I volunteer to do such task. Besides removing duplicated data (and the effort to manage it), this would make it much easier for the different models we currently support, for instance interceptors and web setup actions, to do their jobs.

My idea is to centralise all in a single thread local for the whole Wildfly server, which then would contain entries for each subsystem and perhaps the MSC service container (removing the need for the static CurrentServiceContainer), or at most one thread local per subsystem. From this then I would start modelling each subsystem context from existing thread locals.

Thoughts?

--E