[wildfly-dev] Running Batch During Undeploy

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 20:06:57 EDT 2013

While doing some testing with batch we discovered somewhat of a corner
case in where you have submitted a batch job then decided to explicitly
undeploy the application or something triggers an undeploy. The batch
thread will continue to run which causes issues if the start on the
batch is called again. My theory is the old batch environment is being
used as it's still alive in the thread.

This begs the question though what should happen if a batch job is
running and an undeploy is invoked? Should we fail the undeploy? Should
we kill all batch jobs (probably not ideal)? Luckily for us the spec
says... ...nothing.

--
James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware