[wildfly-dev] EE level java:comp/DefaultDataSource for WildFly 8...

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 11:01:24 EDT 2013

On Monday 09 September 2013 09:53 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lincoln was just asking why WildFly 8 doesn't yet have a
> java:comp/DefaultDataSource that is talked about in EE.5.20 and [1].
>
> Lincoln created WFLY-2027 for the JPA part of EE.5.20 (if we add support
> for a default datasource in WildFly 8.)
>
> I'm kind of caught on this requirement, since we already have a JPA
> level default datasource setting (for JPA container deployment).  I need
> to know if we are going to add a default datasource
> (java:comp/DefaultDataSource) setting to WildFly, so I can align with that.
I think we should add support for java:comp/DefaultDataSource since it's
required by spec. Furthermore, this isn't essentially just JPA thing
since such and injected/lookedup datasource could even be used in a
non-JPA application.

As for aligning this with the JPA datasource setting, I don't fully
understand the context. From what I understand, these two are different
things.

-Jaikiran