[wildfly-dev] EE level java:comp/DefaultDataSource for WildFly 8...

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Mon Sep 23 11:19:43 EDT 2013

On 09/23/2013 11:14 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> I think the best solution is to add an element in the :ee: subsystem
>> that points to a JNDI name defined in the :datasources: subsystem.
> I don't think we need any configuration in this case since the spec
> states that the product vendor just make available a pre-configured
> datasource (which we already do) under that JNDI name (right now we do
> in under a JBoss specific JNDI name). So I think it can be as simple as
> a linkref kind of thing within the code where we point
> java:comp/DefaultDataSource to the H2 datasource's JNDI name, without
> any additional configurations.

Lets not go down the "DefaultDS" road again, especially since we bundle H2.

And, we don't provide a default one - we have an ExampleDS, which is
completely different.

The configuration should be external, and not in code - so adding the
linkref in the :naming: subsystem sounds good to me.

Best regards,
  Jesper