[wildfly-dev] EE level java:comp/DefaultDataSource for WildFly 8...

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 11:31:55 EDT 2013

On 23 Sep 2013, at 17:14, Jaikiran Pai <jpai at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Monday 23 September 2013 08:34 PM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>>> I think we should add support for java:comp/DefaultDataSource since it's
>>> required by spec. Furthermore, this isn't essentially just JPA thing
>>> since such and injected/lookedup datasource could even be used in a
>>> non-JPA application.
>> I think the best solution is to add an element in the :ee: subsystem
>> that points to a JNDI name defined in the :datasources: subsystem.
> I don't think we need any configuration in this case since the spec
> states that the product vendor just make available a pre-configured
> datasource (which we already do) under that JNDI name (right now we do
> in under a JBoss specific JNDI name). So I think it can be as simple as
> a linkref kind of thing within the code where we point

fwiw, the EE spec also mandates that a default JMS connection factory must be available to deployments at "java:comp/DefaultJMSConnectionFactory".

I added in the messaging subsystem a DeploymentUnitProcessor[1] that create binding configurations for our JMS ConnectionFactory defined in the profile at "java:jboss/DefaultJMSConnectionFactory"
to make it available under the standard   "java:comp/DefaultJMSConnectionFactory"

jeff

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/messaging/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/messaging/deployment/MessagingJndiBindingProcessor.java

--
Jeff Mesnil