[wildfly-dev] Merge Commits

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 10:52:12 EDT 2013

Ah. Well if all you are doing is a single point merge for pull requests, its almost linear in that the history follows a single incremental path. This looks pretty clean if you do git log --topo-order as shown here:

http://fpaste.org/43097/38055146/

You get a pull request merge indicating the start of a set of commits, then the set of commits, and then the next merge. Unfortunately git log defaults to date ordering.

gitk does this nicely by default if you look at the actual commits (topography ordering as above), however the way it renders the graph I admit looks strange, and that's because it tries to show you the source point of each individual commit.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat