[wildfly-dev] Java-8 Support for various appserver versions

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 11:50:17 EDT 2014

Speaking for WildFly...

On 4/21/14, 8:47 AM, Rob Stryker wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the following:
>      1) What server versions will work with Java 8

8.0.0 and later.

It's possible something earlier might work in some scenarios (I really
have no idea), but 8.0 is the first one where we tested it.

>      2) What server versions will **require** Java 8 to work properly?

There's no plan at this point to have a release require Java 8. I'm sure
at some point we will, maybe WF 10. It's theoretically possible for WF 9
but IMO very improbably and I'm sure there'd be some discussion on this
list first.

> Feel free to answer with all varients of our products... so anything
> from AS 4 through wf8.x, eap*, soa*, etc etc.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Senior Principal Software Engineer