[wildfly-dev] Proposal to add notifications to WildFly management model and API

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 10:50:27 EDT 2014

On 04 Aug 2014, at 16:40, Kabir Khan <kabir.khan at jboss.com> wrote:
>>> Part 6: Integration with local JMX
>>
>> For this part, we only want to enable local JMX notifications.
>> This would allow to use JMX notifications from WildFly through access of its MBeanServerService only.
>>
>> * Using in-vm ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer() does *not* work (WildFly facade MBeans are not registered in this MBean server)
> If that is true, that is a bug - we put some hooks into JBoss Modules ages ago to make the pluggable mbean server the platform mbean server. Are you seeing this in wildfly-core or wildfly?

You’re correct: the ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer() is our pluggable mbean server (I’ve been tricked by the tests that does not make the MBeanServerBuilder thingie).

So our notifications can be used by JMX client through the ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer() too.

--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat