[wildfly-dev] Enabling Hibernate Search to all Hibernate/JPA users

Andrej Golovnin golovnin at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 15:43:32 EDT 2014

Hi Sanne,

> I see no reasons to not enable it by default, following the same
> activation rules of other Hibernate dependencies: it's very
> conservative about not auto-enabling itself when not needed.

It is OK as long as it will be still possible to bundle Hibernate Search
within an application and Hibernate would use the bundled version of
Hibernate Search.

Not all users want to use Hibernate and Hibernate Search,
which are delivered with WildFly.

For Hibernate we have a perfect solution developed by Scott, which
allows WildFly to use Hibernate packaged inside of an application.
At this place a big thanks to Scott for this wonderful solution! It works great!
The same should be possible with Hibernate Search.

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin