[wildfly-dev] Management Model: Squatter Resources

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 10:34:03 EDT 2014

On 08/05/2014 09:26 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> Am 05.08.2014 um 15:49 schrieb David M. Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com>:
>>
>> A named attribute group would be separately addressable as a unit, or
>> can be accessed using a qualifier syntax e.g. "thegroup.theattribute".
>> Also they can be arbitrarily nested.
>
> The latter scares me, as its representation in UIs can become quite
> problematic.

Well look at it this way - it's already problematic ;-)  As with all
things, we will rely on good sense and moderation.

One can also reason that the farther you nest, the less important the
grouping becomes; after one or two levels of nesting, if such a resource
ever even comes in to being, the UI hint could simply be "sort by group"
and otherwise treat it as flat, which is no worse than the status quo
today (and arguably slightly better).

--
- DML