[wildfly-dev] Core and Full out of sync

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 13:18:47 EDT 2014

When you build master, include -Dskip-enforce in your args to maven.
That turns off the problematic transitive dependency enforcement, which
is more trouble than it is worth when dealing with snapshots.

When we bring the next release of core in, the master pom will be
updated to include the org.wildfly.core:wildfly-launcher dependency.

On 8/18/14, 12:09 PM, Stan Silvert wrote:
> Build the latest WildFly Core master.
>
> In WildFly Full master, change the root pom to use latest core:
> <version.org.wildfly.core>1.0.0.Alpha5-SNAPSHOT</version.org.wildfly.core>
>
> When you build full, you will get:
> [WARNING] Rule 0:
> org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.BanTransitiveDependencies failed with
> message:
> org.wildfly:wildfly-web-build:pom:9.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT
> org.wildfly.core:wildfly-core-build:zip:1.0.0.Alpha5-SNAPSHOT:compile
> has transitive dependencies:
> org.wildfly.core:wildfly-launcher:jar:1.0.0.Alpha5-SNAPSHOT:compile
>
> If you exclude the wildfly-launcher dependency, the build gets even uglier.
>
> Should these two builds stay in sync somehow?  For some features, we
> need to be able to make changes to both builds at the same time and see
> them work together.
>
> Stan

Senior Principal Software Engineer