[wildfly-dev] WildFly SASL and WildFly Elytron are Merging

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Aug 27 11:39:24 EDT 2014

Just a FYI, originally we had the jboss-sasl project as a standalone set
of SASL mechanisms - then we started working on WildFly ELytron and
renamed the SASL project wildfly-sasl.

We have now reached the point that dependencies are becoming more
complicated between Elytron and SASL, rather than introducing one or two
additional projects we have decided to take the opposite approach and
merge the SASL project over to Elytron.

David is in the middle of merging the two repositories, once merged it
will all be available at: -
   https://github.com/wildfly-security/wildfly-elytron

Note:  This does not in any way prevent the SASL mechanisms from being
used as pure SASL mechanisms.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.