[wildfly-dev] IMPORTANT: First overview of changes to jboss-ejb-client 3.0 for WildFly 10 (probably)

Ladislav Thon lthon at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 04:43:10 EST 2014

Inline.

>>> • The following classes and interfaces are currently removed in my
>>> working copy:
>>>      • ClusterContext - replaced with discovery (?)
>>>      • ClusterNodeManager - replaced with discovery
>>>
>>>      • ClusterNodeSelector - replaced with discovery
>>>      • DeploymentNodeSelector - replaced with discovery
>> As Cluster/Deployment NodeSelector is being removed and replaced by
>> discovery this sounds to me that there is no possibility to customize
>> the load-balancing process
>>
>> This might affect some use-cases where such policy was implemented to
>> control specific behaviour.
>
> This is an example of an API that can probably be added back.  I want to
> spend some time consulting with Radoslav H. and Paul F. though to make
> sure that the API is "right" before I reintroduce this exact API (or a
> similar one).  Any input regarding use cases will be useful, I expect.

I'm using {Cluster,Deployment}NodeSelectors in some tests to make sure
that a remote invocation ends up on a well-known cluster node.

Specifically, the tests are asserting certain behavior of EJB client
failover in case a server fails while the invocation is in progress.

I'm not insisting on these particular interfaces, what's important for
me is the ability to make the target node selection predictable.

LT