[wildfly-dev] access to mgmt api/services

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 10:35:50 EST 2014

On 2/5/2014 11:23 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

>>> After thinking a bit, I guess it could just use the HTTP mgmt intf.
>>> Thanks for your patience helping me work this out.
>>>

>> Ok, found a reason why just using the HTTP mgmt interface isn't good enough:
>>
>> Openshift disables admin port :(  You can set up port forwarding to be
>> able to access it, but, still kinda sucks for usability, which is what
>> I'm trying to optimize.
>
> We have been planning to provide an OTB single port config for open shift, but it fell through the cracks. IIRC all of the hooks are there for it. I’ll put that on my TODO after we cut 8 Final, perhaps bundle it in 8.0.1.

Yet another reason is that it would be cool if there were a unified,
common REST API that the Keycloak admin console could use to manage and
talk to server instances that want to join or be managed by a Keycloak
realm.  Without this common REST API, we would have to write a Keycloak
server adapter (and UI screens) to handle them, which would mean that
the Keycloak server would probably have to be shut down too to install
any new adapter.

The OP asked how to get access, locally, to mgmt api/services.  Brian's
response was, "just use the HTTP interface".  I now have 2 reasons why
"just use the HTTP interface" may not be feasible.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat