[wildfly-dev] access to mgmt api/services

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 15:45:42 EST 2014

Honesty that insult was uncalled for.  I'm not ranting, but describing
problems I need to solve, albeit dispersed in multiple emails.  I'll
summarize more.

* I'd like to be able to have the Keycloak admin console initiate the
securing of a remotely deployed app.
* I'd like for the remotely deployed app to be able to register itself
with the Keycloak server so it can be secured.
* I need to be able to register and secure applications on Openshift
with a already deployed Keycloak server without having to edit config
files.  Aerogear UPS has this requirement.  I can't do this now without
doing port mappings on Openshift.
* I'd like to be able to register and secure a deployed app, as well as
suck in all its role definitions so things don't have to be manually
configured through our admin console.  This should be possible in 1 click.
* I'd like to be able to support OpenID connect RP registration
interface.  This means its client driven rather than a direct
interaction with the wildfly admin
* I'd like to be able to define a cross-platform REST interface that app
server's can implement.

Stan already wrote a subsystem for us.  The subsystem stores config
information about the realm and deployment to realm mappings so you
don't have to crack open an existing WAR to secure it with Keycloak.
What I'm trying to figure out are ways to optimize the user experience
as described above.  Just using the Wildfly HTTP REST interface can't
meet my current requirements.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat