[wildfly-dev] add rbac support to picketlink

Claudio Miranda claudio at claudius.com.br
Tue Feb 11 08:09:43 EST 2014

Hi, I plan to add rabc support to picketlink console + extension
(https://github.com/picketlink2/picketlink-console)

I read the https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AccessControlNotes pages
and docs, I understood they explain about the design of the rbac
solution and not how to use it.

But I would like more guidance related to the code samples and how to
protect resources accordingly to the role the user is associated.

I understand there are two places to protect resources,
- management level, protect CLI and GUI operations
- GUI protect and hide features from unauthorized users.

Should I first protect the management operations, used in management
operations, at the extension level ?
then proceed to protect the HAL extension ?

I looked into org.jboss.as.console.client.shared.subsys.mail.MailPresenter,
how it is used to protect resources, but could not find how the "add",
"remove" "enable"  buttons are hidden.

What means the annotation in the code.

    @ProxyCodeSplit
    @NameToken(NameTokens.MailPresenter)
    @AccessControl(resources =
{"{selected.profile}/subsystem=mail/mail-session=*"})
    public interface MyProxy extends Proxy<MailPresenter>, Place {}

Does @AccessControl reads the resource permission and injects some
code to HAL understood it needs to protect it ?

If you can provide some guidance, would be very appreciated.

Thanks
--
  Claudio Miranda

claudio at claudius.com.br