[wildfly-dev] URGENT - RELEASE NOTES

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 11:06:35 EST 2014

Hi Jason,
here is a brief summary of what's new in WFLY8 wrt webservices:

WildFly 8 comes with component upgrades in the Web Services area,
JBossWS 4.2 and Apache CXF 2.7 series.
The most notable new features are:

* WebServiceFeature to control when to create new Apache CXF Bus
instances and when / how to share them in the container

The strategy for selecting/creating Bus instances to serve
(in-container) JAXWS client can be chosen by the final user. This allows
better control and can also be used for performance tuning. You can read
more about the new feature at [1].

* WS-Policy code-first improvements (@PolicySets)

Writing policy assertions for endpoint wsdl contracts is usually quite
difficult and often represents an obstacle to quick development of
ws-policy enabled endpoints prototypes. With the JBossWS version
included in WildFly 8, we provide a @PolictSets annotation allowing
users to choose desired policy assertions among a list of pre-defined
groups serving well known needs / scenarios. Thef policy assertions are
automatically attached to the proper elements in the wsdl contract that
is generated at deployment time and the ws stack behaves accordingly at
runtime. More documentation at [2].

* WS-Discovery support

Users can now have ws endpoints from selected deployments be
automatically registered in a WS-Discovery service endpoint; that in
turn can be queried to locate existing endpoints over the network. More
documentation at [3].

[1]
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Apache+CXF+integration#ApacheCXFintegration-BusselectionstrategiesforJAXWSclients

[2]