[wildfly-dev] URGENT - RELEASE NOTES

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 11:38:22 EST 2014

Release notes for clustering:

New features:

* New/optimized distributed web session implementation for use with
Undertow

* mod_cluster support for Undertow

* New/optimized distributed single sign-on support for Undertow

* New/optimized distributed @Stateful EJB caching implementation
  - SFSB state is now replicated by default, if supported by the server
profile.  Replication can be disabled per bean by via
@Stateful(passivationCapable=false).

* New public clustering API
  - Allows applications to view cluster topology and listen for topology
changes
  - Allows applications to broadcast/submit commands to nodes in the
cluster for remote execution
  - Requisite modules are automatically made available to deployments,
if supported by the server profile

* New public API for creating singleton services
  - A singleton service is a decorated MSC service that only runs on one
node in the cluster at any given time.
  - Exposes a builder API that simplifies the process of installing an
MSC service as a singleton service.
  - Requisite modules are automatically made available to deployments,
if supported by the server profile

* Cross-site replication support
  - Maintain hot backups of cache data across distinct clusters (i.e.
remote locations)

Component updates:

* Infinispan 6.0.1.Final
  - Default infinispan cache configurations use distribution (i.e. DIST)
mode by default.  Consequently, the default clustering configuration can
adequately scale for large clusters.

* JGroups 3.4.2.Final