[wildfly-dev] URGENT - RELEASE NOTES

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 12:29:47 EST 2014

Also would be good to link to
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateORM430FinalRelease +
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateORM431FinalRelease.  The EE
container side was also enhanced to implement JPA 2.1 (e.g. use of
UNSYNCHRONIZED to associate entity manager with JTA transaction but not
actually join it to the transaction).

More inline below about Jipijapa.

On 02/11/2014 10:51 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 02/11/2014 09:38 AM, Jason Greene wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am working on the release notes. In order to save time I thought I would try something new, and just ask that you email me a blurb covering anything important you want to announce in your area. This might be an interesting new feature, or it could be something the user should be aware of (compatibility change, important default changed).
>>
>> Jipijapa 1.0.1.Final brings improved integration with Hibernate, EclipseLink and OpenJPA.
>
> Can you add more detail on this one? How was the integration improved? Did we add more framework version support any new capabilities etc etc?

Jipijapa 1.0.1.Final brings improved integration with Hibernate (4.3.x,
4.2.x, 4.1.x, 3.6.x), EclipseLink and OpenJPA.

*  The Hibernate extension for two phase persistence unit bootstrapping
is leveraged to improve deployment of applications that enhance entities
and use CDI in entity listeners.

*  It is easier for applications to deploy with the EclipseLink
persistence provider (see instructions in
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/JPA+Reference+Guide).
Previously, EclipseLink deployments had to list entity classes in the
persistence.xml and jump through other hoops.  Users do have to set some
EclipseLink related system properties as mentioned in above doc link.
We tested with EclipseLink 2.4.2.

* It is easier for applications to deploy with the OpenJPA persistence
provider (see instructions in
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/JPA+Reference+Guide).
Previously, OpenJPA deployments had to list entity classes in the
persistence.xml and jump through other hoops.  We tested with OpenJPA 2.2.2.