[wildfly-dev] Netty vs. Undertow

Jaromir Hamala jaromir.hamala at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:47:12 EST 2014

Hi,

first of all: Congratulations on the WildFly 8 release! I've been watching
the development closely and I'm very excited to get my hands dirty with it!

There is one thing I don't quite understand: What is a relation between the
Netty and Undertow? My understanding is they have very similar goals yet
the Undertow is a completely different project. What have been the main
drivers to write the Undertow from scratch for WildFly rather than bulding
on top of Netty?

I apologize if this is a wrong mailing-list; I appreciate if you could
point me to a better direction!

Cheers,
Jara

--
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.”