[wildfly-dev] http-executor

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 04:50:47 EST 2014

Hi,

undertow has completely different semantics to what jboss web had before.

Undertow uses XNIO worker(s) which are the ones handling the thread pool
and few other things.
You can configure workers in IO subsystem and tell http listener which one
to use.

By default in configuration we ship we have one worker named "default"
defined and all listeners use it.

But if you want to have separate workers (thread pools) per worker, all you
need to do is define new worker in IO subsystem and then reference it in
http-listener worker="name-of-your-worker-in-io-subsystem"

Just bit of note, we did mistake with default values for default worker in
8.0.0.Final release and will fix that in 8.0.1

In our testing we got best performance when io-threads ware set to number
of logical cpus * 2 and task-max-threads set to number of cpus * 16.
This will be defaults we will probably have in 8.0.1 as they perform
optimal.

--
tomaz