[wildfly-dev] smaller footprints

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:08:46 EST 2014

Bill,

that is exactly idea we have in mind of 9.
We already started with producing WildFly core distribution in that is
WildFly with no subsystems, upon which you can build you own wildfly.
It is only 15mb and contains whole mgmt capabilites (CLI, standalone,
domain,...) you can grab it at:
http://download.jboss.org/wildfly/8.0.0.Final/core/wildfly-core-8.0.0.Final.zip

For 9 we have plans to move things bit further and have decided that we
will also do split codebase for core, ee, web, .. and other distributions.

Current idea on code split up is here
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/SplittingUpTheWildflyCodeBase

--
tomaz