[wildfly-dev] JBoss Modules canonical sample

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 01:07:35 EST 2014

Hey Arun,
Are you trynig to do this using standalone JBoss Modules? If so... why not
look at the work we've done with Furnace - https://github.com/forge/furnace

It's basically CDI-light, and is what we use to power the Forge Addon
service mechanism. I'd be happy to share more details if this is something
you're interested in.

If you're trying to use Wilfly's native module system and service container
for this, then I can't be of much help :) But thought I'd ask.

~Lincoln

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Arun Gupta <arun.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding beans.xml in the implementation module solved the issue.
>
> I updated the implementation module and copied the JAR file over to
> org/samples/greet/main directory but had to restart the application
> server in order to pick up the new implementation.
>
> Are the modules not dynamically loaded ? Can this behavior be enabled ?
>
> I'm trying to figure out if I can implement something like OSGi
> service using JBoss Modules.
>
> Arun
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > We found inital issue, it was typo in modules.xml instead of module.xml
> >
> > But there are different issues :)
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM, David M. Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com
> >
> > wrote:

> https://github.com/arun-gupta/wildfly-samples/tree/master/jboss-modules

> "importing"

> /subsystem=logging/logger=org.jboss.modules:write-attribute(name="level",
> >>
> >> The corresponding handler (console or file or whatever) has to be
> >> enabled at TRACE as well.
> >>
> >> --
> >> - DML

> http://blog.arungupta.me