[wildfly-dev] Removing curl support from management HTTP

Jason Greene jgreene at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 12:25:33 EST 2014

So the big problem is that http digest has not been updated to use stronger  crypto hash. There is a proposed RFC but no one has implemented it.

We could implement it and contribute that to curl as well but I suspect we still need standard digest compatibility until most OS's have caught up with that version of curl.

Alternatively we could move to SSL by default, and switch to plain with scrypt and solve the various challenges there.