[wildfly-dev] Misc questions about WF8

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Sat Jan 11 05:22:51 EST 2014

On 11/01/14 10:13, Arun Gupta wrote:
> Default config is Web profile ?
>
> Will HTTPs be not supported there ?

HTTPS is supported just not enabled by default as we don't have keys in
the distribution to be able to enable it.  This is actually a topic I
want to discuss next week.

We have a few problems with having it enabled by default: -
  - If we include keys in the distribution being open source those keys
are public knowledge.
  - Also keys are specific to the host name used to connect to the
server so at best we could assume 'localhost' but in that scenario the
benefits of SSL are limited.
  - We could create a new key on start up, this would delay the start up
time and also we have the default hostname assumption issue again.
  - We could provide a set of ops and add wizards to the CLI and admin
console to manage the keys and certificates.

The latter is actually my preferred option but it would involve a little
bit of work all round but the main benefit being that a wizard gets to
ask the right questions.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.

>>> http://twitter.com/arungupta