[wildfly-dev] How to map a client certificate to a management user?

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 06:32:43 EST 2014

Hi,

I have setup client certificate authentication on AS7.1.1 with this
Management realm definition:

<security-realm name="ManagementRealm">
     <server-identities>
         <ssl>
             <keystore path="server.jks"
relative-to="jboss.server.config.dir" password="abcdef"/>
         </ssl>
     </server-identities>
     <authentication>
         <truststore path="server.jks"
relative-to="jboss.server.config.dir" password="abcdef" />
         <properties path="mgmt-users.properties" relative
to="jboss.server.config.dir"/>
     </authentication>
</security-realm>

When I try to browse the admin console in Firefox, it asks me to confirm
I want to authenticate with the client cert (good) and then I can only
see the error page:

===
Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running.

However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin
console.
===

How can I map a client certificate to a management user?

Thanks for your help,
Thomas