[wildfly-dev] How to deal with resource refs when deploying JPA container managed entity managers (WFLY-2841)

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 07:55:03 EST 2014

Hi Arjan,

Great catch!  Your change and adding an persistence unit hint that the
persistence unit doesn't need to be started early:

   <property name="wildfly.jpa.twophasebootstrap" value="false"/>

Helps the deployment succeed.

It looks like ResourceReferenceProcessor is running during the
Phase.POST_MODULE deployment phase, so we need to add a hint to the
persistence.xml, that helps the persistence unit deploy later.

[6]
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/ee/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/ee/subsystem/EeSubsystemAdd.java#L194

Scott