[wildfly-dev] Build split stage one is complete

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 15:15:31 EDT 2014

Hi all,

The first stage of the build split has been commited. We now have a
wildfly-core repository at https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-core, and
the main Wildfly build now builds using artifacts produced from this.

There is still a *lot* of work to do:

- Remove Arquillian (there should be nothing stopping this now)
- Split up the current build tool into build/provisioning tools,
including creating a WF feature pack format
- Further split up, the first of which will be a feature pack that
corresponds to the current web-build module (although IMHO we should
wait a little bit to see if there are any issues with the current split
before pressing ahead with this)
- General cleanup of dependencies that are no longer needed

Stuart