[wildfly-dev] Pending core split

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 14:45:10 EDT 2014

On 7/2/2014 1:23 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

>>> Stuart
>> Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks for the offer to
>> help.
>>
>> If there are no objections, I'll pursue the "redesign domain-http"
>> solution.
>>
>> This means:
>> * By default, Keycloak is not available in core. But it could possibly
>> be added.
>> * Keycloak will be available in web-build and full build.
>> * Approximately 20 modules will be moved from full build to web-build.
>
> Do you know which modules? Web build is supposed to be a lightweight
> build that basically just provides a web server, that can be used as a
> Tomcat equivalent or as the base for a product that only requires a
> web server.
>
> Stuart
It's six (very small) keycloak modules, plus the following:
ch/qos/cal10n/main/module.xml
net/iharder/base64/main/module.xml
org/apache/commons/codec/main/module.xml
org/apache/commons/logging/main/module.xml
org/apache/httpcomponents/main/module.xml
org/apache/james/mime4j/main/module.xml
org/bouncycastle/main/module.xml
org/codehaus/jackson/jackson-core-asl/main/module.xml
org/codehaus/jackson/jackson-mapper-asl/main/module.xml
org/codehaus/jackson/jackson-xc/main/module.xml
org/slf4j/ext/main/module.xml
org/slf4j/jcl-over-slf4j/main/module.xml

However, this assumes I can remove these two transitive dependencies
from jackson:
module.xml for jackson-mapper-asl declares a dependency on org.joda.time
module.xml for jackson-xc declares a dependency on javax.xml.bind.api

I can't find evidence that these dependencies are actually needed.