[wildfly-dev] Pending core split

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Thu Jul 3 05:38:50 EDT 2014

On 01/07/14 14:26, Stan Silvert wrote:
> On 7/1/2014 9:01 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>>
>>> I understand. Perhaps I should have said, 'working out of the box on
>>> core'. domain-http is currently in core, which is what I'm talking about
>>> here.
>>
>> I don't follow your logic here. You are basically saying that unless
>> we can have keycloak in core then there is no point having a core?
> Of course that's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying that domain-http is
> currently in core.  Web console and other clients use domain-http.  If
> we want keycloak to authenticate domain-http then keycloak must also be
> in core.

I really don't see where you are getting this 'must' from, we may have a
requirement of 'we must be able to enable KeyCloak in our platforms' but
where are you getting the 'we must include KeyCloak in the core
distribution' from?

> There are many possible solutions:
> * Don't do the split
> * Do the split, but allow core to see the full set of modules.
> * Move domain-http out of core.

In another discussion just starting I have also raised the question
could the definition of the management interfaces also be moved into a
subsystem.

The management interfaces are required in domain mode to allow a slave
to connection back and the app server instances to connect back but in
standalone mode I do also see them as something that should be optional.

> * Allow the extra dependencies.
> * Redesign domain-http

 From the perspective of security integration that is already the path
we are moving down.