[wildfly-dev] Elytron Subsystem

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Jul 7 11:11:23 EDT 2014

For anyone looking for information on a complete subsystem for Elytron
we are not quite there yet, this e-mail is just to describe the location
of an empty subsystem.

I have just added the subsystem to it's own git repo here: -
   https://github.com/wildfly-security/elytron-subsystem

If we need to track issues we can just use github for now.

Regarding names I have just literally made up the names as I went along,
any objects to names or the hierarchy ping me, send a pull request or
raise an issue in the project.

I have taken the decision to add support for creating a WildFly
distribution that includes the Elytron subsystem in it's own repo - the
distribution creation I expect only to be temporary until Elytron is
included by default whilst the subsystem could live on in it's own repo
long term.  The repo that contains the build to assemble the
distribution is here: -
   https://github.com/wildfly-security/elytron-distribution

Note:  For the moment the module definitions live in the distribution
project and not the subsystem project, if in the future the build
plug-in supports pulling in module definitions hopefully we can move
them to the subsystem project.

As the work on the WildFly core split continues these projects will also
evolve further.

SNAPSHOT dependencies are in place between these two project and the
core wildfly-elytron project however I have deployed snapshots to nexus
for each of them and will keep nexus up to date as additional changes
are merged.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.