[wildfly-dev] Proposal to read boot errors via WildFly Management APIs

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 10:33:11 EDT 2014

On 7/11/14, 8:21 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 07/10/2014 10:23 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet wrote:
>
> Should the application server terminate (with a failure code) when
> errors occur during boot?  This might make it more obvious that the
> server didn't start correctly and that logs should be scanned for the
> cause.

At some point we'll offer an option for that, but I don't see it
becoming our only mode of operation.

Personally, I don't like having the default being continuing to run
"normally."

Brainstorming a bit, I could also see having the server switch into
admin-only mode instead of terminating.

Senior Principal Software Engineer