[wildfly-dev] Proposal to read boot errors via WildFly Management APIs

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 09:01:41 EDT 2014

On 7/17/2014 8:44 AM, Stan Silvert wrote:
> On 7/17/2014 6:28 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet wrote:
>> Well the idea was to avoid log parsing as some service might log errors which are not preventing it to start for example.
>> Emmanuel
> "some service might log errors"?
>
> Do we have a solid use case?  I'd like to understand what this is for.

I guess I should be more clear about what I don't understand.  I take it
that this proposal wants to gather the boot errors so they can be
accessed by some other process?  What would the process be able to do
with the information?

If the purpose is to let users see the errors then that is already
achieved by reading the log.  So I take it that the use cases are not
user-centric?