[wildfly-dev] We started seeing test failure in PassivationTestCase.testPassivationMaxSize() which has passivation max-size=1 and repeated called to two separate beans...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 11:22:12 EDT 2014

Just to keep everyone in the loop, it seems like configuring the
passivation max-size to be less than "one + number of nested beans",
could be the cause.  We are currently configuring the passivation cache
max-size to be one, which may lead to passivation of the nested bean.

In the PassivationTestCase test, each top level session bean has a
nested bean.  The top level bean shares the extended persistence context
with the nested bean.

If users hit this same failure, they should ensure that max-size is at
least equal to "1 + number of nested beans referenced from top level bean".

We will continue to discuss this case on IRC or email and keep you all
posted.

Scott