[wildfly-dev] Embedded Widfly + Arquillian, just wondering :)

Paris Apostolopoulos javapapo at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 12:57:19 EDT 2014

Hello, greetings from Athens,  Greece.

I am wondering if will ever be in the pipeline a full blown widfly-embended (uber jar) version. Why?

Well I have noticed from several teams around, working with JavaE, some of them even coding towards Jboss / Widfly 8, that for some reason, when they wanted to prepare a set of tests to run in  embedded mode, then the simplest way was to add 2 dependencies with GlassFish 3.1 jar , setup an Arquillian maven profile and fire it off.

So I am wondering if a fully functional embedded version of Wildfly, 1 dependency away from the widfly adapter and the current ‘fake’ container dependency, wouldn't be a win-win case
for both the use of Arquillian and Wildfly among teams all over the world? One step further, maybe the use of this combo would make some of teams reconsider and ‘start’ adopting more related Jboss / Redhat projects :).

Thanks

------

Paris Apostolopoulos
Senior Software Engineer

'The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit'

linkedin | blog | twitter | g+ | podcast |