[wildfly-dev] Service assumptions and the web profile

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 11:09:10 EDT 2014

On 4 Jun 2014, at 15:57, Kabir Khan <kabir.khan at jboss.com> wrote:

> Another issue would be if service A has an optional dependency (as described, not using the actual optional dependency) on service B.
> We’re describing allowing A to react if B shows up. Should we also react if B goes away?

That is no different that the current case. A would have to react if B goes away whether B is added there before A or after (by using hypothetical notification listener).

>From my experience on the messaging subsystem, I have a resource A that is to know whether another subsystem resource B exist before adding a dependency on its service (typical example is the
messaging’s http-connector that depends on the existence of the http-upgrade handler of the undertow subsystem)
If Y is removed, its corresponding service will be stopped and the service that I have started when A was added will be transitively stopped.

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat