[wildfly-dev] EAR META-INF Visibility

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 13:31:31 EDT 2014

Currently the EAR/META-INF directory is not visible to it's sub-modules.
Should we expose the EAR/META-INF directory to the class path?

I've seen questions a few times when a user wants to use their own copy
of log4j in an EAR and they place the log4j.xxx configuration file in
the EAR/META-INF directory. Since the log4j.jar doesn't have the
directory on it's class path the conflagration file can not be read.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

--
James R. Perkins