[wildfly-dev] Keycloak SSO in WildFly 9

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 13:48:07 EDT 2014

On Jun 4, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Jason Greene <jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:

> There is of course ways to paper over this and shove them together but you end up with leaky abstractions. Like lets say the CLI could issue REST operations against Keycloak as well. Thats great but that means things like the compensating transaction model don’t let you mix management changes with keycloak changes.
>
> Another issue is that WildFly has some pretty strict backwards compatibility contracts with regards to management that stem from EAP. Keycloak, at this stage of the process might not want to put up with us requesting similar conservative governance. It might be better for us to limit the API dependencies to best enable the project to continue to evolve.

Other problems I forgot to mention (oops sorry!)

1. Lifecycle robustness problems - Management is not supposed to affect applications, so if the user takes down or moves the DC it would take down application auth as well - Bad!
2. Chicken-egg problems in standalone mode - subsystems aren’t started when the server is in admin-only mode. (Although this one is solvable)
3. Lots of additional work.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat