[wildfly-dev] Design Proposal: Build split and provisioning

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 13:30:11 EDT 2014

On 06/11/2014 10:10 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> On 6/10/14, 11:49 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>>> FWIW IBM uses the term "feature pack" for WebSphere Application Server
>>> extras. Though they tend to be huge and not easy to apply.
>> If anyone has any better names I would love to hear them.
>>
> I don't consider the fact that someone else uses the same term for a
> similar thing to be a negative. Unless that thing isn't really similar
> at all.
Agreed I just wanted to point it out. I was mainly a bit concerned with
how converted devs might look at it. I don't know what most users think,
but I know when I saw WAS needed a feature pack to do what I was doing I
just would skip it unless I really needed it. The WAS feature packs were
usually huge and I never liked the way they applied.

That said, it's also a positive being the same name for converts as they
know what it means.

--
James R. Perkins