[wildfly-dev] Gathering diagnostic data

James Livingston jlivings at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 18:52:57 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 15:34 -0600, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Yes, this is a general problem; the /host=*/server=* resource actually
> resides on the server process; on the host process at that address all
> there is is some proxy code that proxies the request to the server.

That makes sense, and matches what I was seeing when I was stepping
through in a debugger yesterday. I originally thought that it proxied
the operations not the whole sub-model.

> That's ok for that single case, but we need to find a slicker mechanism
> for doing this kind of thing. I don't want DomainModelControllerService
> to end up full of this kind of logic.
>
> If you want to add in another call like that
> ServerConfigResourceDefinition.registerServerLifecycleOperations call
> for now to keep progressing though, that's fine. We'll just need to come
> up with something better before we're done.

For now I've just stuck it on as /host=*:thread-dump(server=*), which
works fine for developing the more interesting bits.

I think these kind of per-server things logically belong under the
server, so I'll see what gets thought up in the other branch of the
thread.

--
James "Doc" Livingston
JBoss Support Engineering Group