[wildfly-dev] Failed operations over HTTP Interface : 500 Internal Server Error

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue May 20 13:13:06 EDT 2014

Just pulling together some related HTTP management interface changes and
I see this one is still pending: -

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-907

Are we interested in addressing this one?

Personally I am not convinced we need to be going beyond just using
appropriate codes from the existing set of status codes, anything else
would mean HTTP users get specific information that native users do not.

However one thought, could we add some form of category to the actual
failure response?  That way we would have something we can use to map a
status code, we already have another case in the code base that checks
the error code to decide which status code to use!!  If we added a
category to a failure clients would then also potentially be able to use
this themselves.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.