[wildfly-dev] API differences javax EE6 vs JBoss EE6 specs

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed May 21 04:26:05 EDT 2014

They are binary identical as it is checked by the TCK.

The reason we have our own AFAIR is that
- when we work on a preview of the spec, we need to write our own
  anyways as the Oracle teams don't necessarily have the same timeframe
- there is some license subtleties involved and we prefer to write our
  own from a clean room.
- some APIs have actual code - and thus bugs - and we want to be able to
  fix them - and have.

Emmanuel