[wildfly-dev] Dropping Qualifier from Version Number for utility artefacts

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed May 21 08:17:46 EDT 2014

On 21/05/14 13:00, Tomaž Cerar wrote:
> What would this result into in practice?
>
> Having snapshot dependencies in build as long as WildFly is in snapshot
> version?

No components would still be tagged as normal, we just place less
emphasis on categorising them from through Alpha to Final.

As it stands today sometimes a component may not be tagged as Final
because it needs some time to be tested in place in WildFly (or EAP) -
if testing did not reveal any issues then the component needs to be
re-tagged just to set the qualifier to Final.

If during testing of WildFly a critical problem was found with the
sub-component a Blocker issue would be raised anyway to prevent the
release of WildFly until a fix is included so having the qualifier in
the modules version seems a little redundant.

I am thinking this may alos have an impact on splitting up WildFly, if
we are not careful we introduce the need for additional rounds of
tagging just to transition release qualifiers.