[wildfly-dev] JMX Console over Web Admin Console

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed May 21 21:23:53 EDT 2014

I agree that if we exposed the mbean server over HTTP that it should be
via a context on our HTTP management interface. Either that or expose
mbeans as part of our standard management resource tree. That would make
integration in the web console much more practical.

I don't see us ever bringing back the AS5-style jmx-console.war that
runs on port 8080 as part of the WildFly distribution. That would
introduce a requirement for EE into our management infrastructure, and
we won't do that. Management is part of WildFly core, and WildFly core
does not require EE. If the Servlet-based jmx-console.war code linked
from WFLY-1197 gets further developed, I see it as a community effort
for people who want to install that on their own, not as something we'd
distribute as part of WildFly itself.

On 5/21/14, 7:37 AM, Sebastian Łaskawiec wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of our projects is based on JBoss 5.1 and we are considering
> migrating it to Wildfly. One of our problems is Web based JMX Console...
> We have pretty complicated production environment and Web based JMX
> console with basic Auth delegated to LDAP is the simplest solution for us.
>
> I noticed that there was a ticket opened for porting legacy JMX Console:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-1197.
> However I think it would be much better idea to to have this
> functionality in Web Administraction console. In my opinion it would be
> great to have it under "Runtime" in "Status" submenu.
>
> What do you think about this idea?
>
> Best Regards
> --
> Sebastian Łaskawiec