[wildfly-dev] 2 instance cluster in master/slave

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:24:10 EDT 2014

>> - Configure Domain Controller (master) on one Raspi
>> - Configure Host Controller (slave) on another Raspi
>> - Deploy an application to the cluster using jboss-cli
>
> Just in case this is a misconception, clustering and domain management are independent things. You don’t need one to do the other. For example see standalone-full-ha.xml.

Yes, understood :)

>> However the session replication does not seem to work, i.e. session
>> attributes added to HTTP session on master are not replicated to
>> slave, and vice versa. How do I get that piece working ?
>
> Do you have distributable in your web.xml, and does the profile your server is using have session replication configured (e.g using the ha profile or the ha-full profile)?

Yes, to both.

web.xml is at: https://github.com/arun-gupta/wildfly-samples/blob/master/clustering/http/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

This WAR file shows sessions being replicated when two instances are
created on the same host in other-server-group which points to full-ha
profile. In both cases (instances on same host or instances as
master/slave), the app is deployed to other-server-group. Does
anything need to be explicitly configured for session replication when
instances are on separate hosts ?

FWIW I've been using port hopping to show session replication, without
any LB in the front. Does that matter ?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me