[wildfly-dev] Potential error in jboss-web_8_0.xsd

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Tue Nov 4 22:53:00 EST 2014

I think there's an error in this XSD [1] which prevents me from using the
"javaee"  elements you intend to import.

First, the "javaee" namespace is declared as "
http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee" in the XML header, but then
(surprisingly) the <xsd:import> uses another namepace:

<xsd:import namespace="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" schemaLocation=
"web-app_3_1.xsd"/>

I'm pretty confident this is wrong. It's importing under the old Java EE
namespace -- not the new one which the header correctly declares. Hence,
consumers are unable to get the "javaee" elements.

Please confirm.

[1]
https://github.com/jboss/metadata/blob/master/web/src/main/resources/schema/jboss-web_8_0.xsd

Cheers,