[wildfly-dev] duplicate resource on deploying

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 08:43:45 EST 2014

On 11/6/14, 6:01 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Brian Stansberry
> <brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's intended to be in data/content but should not end up in standalone.xml.
>
> Previously, resources added to deployments directory just stayed
> there,

That was a bug, a change in the original behavior introduced in a patch.

Granted, it's a bug that's been there for a long time, probably since 7.1.

> what is the use to copy them to data/content ?

The stuff in data/content is owned by the server process; the stuff in
deployments/ is owned by whomever. Having the actual deployment used by
the server owned by the server is safer.

We can't do that with exploded deployments (yet) but we can with zipped
content.

> Just curious.

Senior Principal Software Engineer