[wildfly-dev] WildFly Core component upgrade coordination

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 12:21:15 EDT 2014

If you are assigned a JIRA for WildFly that requires a change to WildFly
Core (either a direct fix or a component upgrade), there (obviously)
needs to be a WildFly Core release and upgrade into WildFly proper
before the change can be completed.  But because we're all asynchronous
here, coordination is something of a problem.

So, to organize things a bit, I've opened
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3945 for upgrading WildFly Core to
1.0.0.Alpha9.

If you have a WFCORE task or component upgrade that you think should be
finished before the upgrade happens, add the corresponding JIRA as a
dependency to that issue.  If a WFLY task is blocked waiting for the
WFCORE upgrade, add that task as a dependent (in other words, add
WFLY-3945 as a dependency to that task; you can do it either way though).

If the list gets too large, we'll have a discussion about splitting the
work between Alpha9 and Alpha10 (or whatever is next).

Keeping the work organized around this issue will remove some of the
confusion around what needs updating and when, and why.
--
- DML