[wildfly-dev] WFLY-3512 - disable datasource undeploy application

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 11:27:55 EDT 2014

The datasource subsystem shouldn't need to know that kind of
information. When the operation rolls back it should restore the
services it removed, and MSC will take care of bringing back up whatever
services were stopped when the DS services were removed.

This needs fixing:

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/connector/subsystems/datasources/AbstractDataSourceRemove.java#L111

On 10/25/14, 7:33 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> Hi, related to WFLY-3512, disable a datasource used by some
> application, undeploy the application, tested in 8.1 and 9.0 snapshot.
>
> I saw that org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DataSourceDisable
> (connector module) is called, but there is no previous check about
> deployments that uses it.
> How can datasource subsystem get to know the deployment dependencies
> for resources (datasource and resource adapter) ?
> Is there a listener mechanism where datasource subsystem can listen to
> deploy enablement, and check the resources dependencies ? This way,
> datasource subsystem can have a lista of dependency and check it
> before disable/remove of datasources.
>
> 1. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3512

Senior Principal Software Engineer