[wildfly-dev] Issues in wildfly-javaee7-webapp-blank-archetype

Sebastian Łaskawiec sebastian.laskawiec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 09:01:34 EDT 2014

Hi Arun!

Wildfly archetypes are created based on Quickstarts (just as Rafael
mentioned here [1]).
In case of *wildfly-**javaee7-webapp-blank-archetype* it is *kitchensink*
[1]. Quickstarts are designed in such a way, that they can be deployed all
together (this is why they need separate datasources).

So, test-ds.xml is a design consequence of how Quickstarts are embedded
into archetypes. In my opinion we won't be able to get rid of it.
Alternatively we could refactor all quickstarts to use default database -
which might be pretty time consuming.

Best regards
Sebastian

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-4030?focusedCommentId=13016156
[2] https://github.com/wildfly/quickstart/tree/master/kitchensink

> For Java EE 7, a default data source is available if none is specified
> in persistence.xml. In WildFly, this is mapped to ExampleDS already.
>
> Does test-ds.xml create a new data source, or map to an existing one ?
>
> Arun
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Sebastian Łaskawiec
> <slaskawi at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hey
> >
> > I would like to volunteer for WFLY-4030 and a Quickstarts change:
> WFLY-4031.
> >
> > However I'm not sure about removing test-ds.xml. Maybe the point is to
> > show how to add DataSources bundled with the application?
> > On the other hand if this is not the point - I think we should change it
> > to ExampleDS.
> >
> > What's your opinion on that?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Sebastian
> >
> > On 10/29/2014 07:54 PM, Arun Gupta wrote:
> >> - What is the purpose of test-ds.xml ? It contains:
> >> This is anyway the default Java EE 7 data source in WildFly.

> http://blog.arungupta.me
> http://twitter.com/arungupta

Sebastian Łaskawiec